- Expand use of the CAPABLE system to send a rn, occupational specialist, and house repair individual to older grownups’ homes to assist them to age in the home or in their communities
- Help care that is direct by establishing a $15 each hour minimum wage and supporting real bargaining energy for several domestic employees, including those who provide house care
- Reduce steadily the burden of unpaid caregiving by providing working Americans with 12 months of paid family leave and support that is improving caregivers
Psychological State & Addiction Care
Freedom means we have all use of the health that is mental addiction care they require.
Americans are in the middle of a devastating epidemic of despair. During the time that is same our psychological state care system is in crisis. Pete’s eyesight embraces avoidance and ensures everybody in need of assistance gets the support not only to commence to heal, but additionally to believe that they belong inside their community plus in our nation.
Pete’s plan is holistic. Completely applied, their plan will avoid 1 million fatalities because of medications, liquor, and committing suicide by 2028. He can enable communities to leverage their particular innovation and expertise to enhance health that is mental counter addiction via a 10-year $100 billion Healing and Belonging grant system.
Other Important Policy Areas
- Enforce psychological health and addiction therapy parity so psychological state care can be as available as treatment plan for physical conditions
- Provide everyone else access to life-saving opioid use disorder medicine
- Hold medication companies that profited through the opioid crisis accountable
- Change exactly how we explore psychological state to finish harmful stigma
- Need all educational schools to show Mental Health First help courses
- Address disparities in psychological state and addiction through nationwide and efforts that are community-based
- Decriminalize psychological infection and addiction
Safety means ensuring every US household has financial reassurance now as well as in the long run.
Improve the minimum wage to $15 and make certain workers use of the hours that are predictable wages, and support they deserve.
For too much time, the worker’s that are typical never have held up with costs like medical care, housing, and training. Pete desires to ensure that employees who will be offering their all to an boss are receiving compensated fairly inturn. By raising the wage that is minimum $15 and past, we are able to begin making certain that the economy is employed by all employees. Restoring Obama-era overtime laws will make certain that over eight million employees who’re setting up time that is extra their employers receive money for people hours.
We ought to have a reputable discussion on how to re solve the larger problem of automation and financial interruption. As less and less individuals have a solitary manager, training and work positioning programs are critical. But therefore is really what takes place to someone’s identity. We require measures to bridge earnings and advantages whenever work is disrupted–and to produce non-work that is meaningful for building identity and community.
Empowering employees in an economy https://speedyloan.net/installment-loans-hi that is changing
Other Important Policy Areas
- Pass paid family and medical leave
- Extend pay and advantage defenses to uncovered workers
- Spend money on top-quality son or daughter care and early childhood learning programs
Democracy means more shared experiences into the ongoing solution of our nation.
Whenever Pete ended up being a Navy Reserve Officer, he discovered to trust and collaborate with gents and ladies from radically variable backgrounds — including different events, religions, and governmental leanings. At this time, we turn away hundreds of thousands of teenagers who volunteer to provide. Army solution, Peace Corps solution, and domestic service-year possibilities through efforts like AmeriCorps ought to be expanded until solution turns into a universal expectation for each youth that is american.
“A New Call to Service” aims to quadruple service possibilities to 1 million school that is high by 2026. Our plan calls young People in america to meaningfully participate in key challenges of our time: resilience and sustainability against environment interruption; community wellbeing, including psychological state, addiction, and substance use; and long-lasting caregiving and mentorship that is intergenerational.
Study Pete’s proposition for nationwide solution: “A brand New Call to provider. ”
A path for young adults to engage in their meaningfully communities.
Freedom means the capability to arrange so that you can hold companies accountable and advocate for fair pay.
Decades ago, we had been guaranteed a tide that is rising of growth that could raise all ships. We got the increasing tide–GDP went up, efficiency went up–but our paychecks didn’t show it. Working class wages have actually stagnated since 1980. The necessity for brand new abilities in a changing economy is one bit of the puzzle. Nevertheless the difficult the fact is that as the economy changed, workers’ voices were methodically silenced. Our economy happens to be tilted toward the wealthy and far from the middle and working class because the individuals in energy created our legislation and policies this way.
Pete’s policies will enable employees and raise wages, going beyond current legislative proposals, to speed up wage development for the great majority of People in america who’re maybe not within the tenth that is richest. Their policies make an effort to increase unionization, restore workers’ rights that have already been eroded by years of anti-worker policies, enshrine the right to multi-employer bargaining, and expand defenses for gig economy, farm, and workers that are domestic.
Empowering employees in an economy that is changing
IMPORTANT POLICY AREAS
- Institute gender pay transparency and produce safe, equitable, available, and reasonable workplaces
- Impose strong, multimillion-dollar charges that scale with business size whenever a business disrupts union elections
- Degree the playing field by needing “equal airtime on business time, ” making sure that workers hear from union organizers and not employers
- Set up a preference that is consistent government contracting for unionized companies
- End “right-to-work” rules, which ban union protection in collective bargaining
- Guarantee workers usage of compensated ill leave and paid family leave, plus the predictable hours and wages they deserve
- Make sure all employees can deal with all the businesses that truly control the terms of their work
- Stop companies from completely changing workers who strike, boosting employees’ legal rights to additional boycotts